CTAEX is a non-profit BUSINESS association that opened in January 2001 with a clear goal: offering research, development, innovation, analysis, training, and information services, contributing to the competitive development of the companies in the agri-food sector, and to consumers’ safety.
National Agri-Food Technological Centre Extremadura (Centro Tecnológico Nacional Agroalimentario “Extremadura” - CTAEX) works in the southwest of the Iberian Peninsula, as a technological reference, committed to giving advice in projects and to strengthening competitiveness of the agri-food sector through innovation, technological development, training, and providing services to agricultural and agri-food companies.
The main purpose of the Association is to satisfy demands and development needs of sustainable methods of production, preservation and processing of agri-food products, focusing in an integral rural development, in a quest of competitiveness and efficiency in productions.
1. Basic research in the fields of agriculture, food preservation and processing sectors, and environmental conservation.
2. Research applied to enhancing production processes, new processed food, new techniques, characteristics and qualities standardisation, new test methods, product revaluation, productivity, environmental conservation, integral agriculture, sustainable development, etc.
3. Technology services provision, like quality, production organisation, training, information, documentation, dissemination, laws, design, and environment.
4. Contribution to research findings transfer.
5. Encouraging shared research among companies and, generally, raising their technological level, their competitiveness, and their environmental conservation practices.
6. Fostering continuous training, and specialisation for the technical staff of companies in agri-food and environment sectors.
It is registered as #80 in CIT (acronym for Innovation and Technological Centres) registry, it belongs to FEDIT (acronym for Spanish Federation of Innovation and Technology Institutions), as well as to a number of institutions and associations, and has entered treaties and collaborations agreements with regional and national bodies.